3 nights & 2 days, accommodation in deluxe room at unbeatable prices !
Day 1 The Katcha Totems
Direction northwest today, we cross bamboo forests before reaching the village of Voeune Saï (35km) located on the left bank of the Sé San river ; the view on the Chinese village on the other side of the river is quite pretty.
Besides, this place is nearly a Chinese enclave in Cambodian territory, most villagers, who are there the thirties, don’t even speak Khmer. Upstream of the Sé San are a certain number of Tampoun and Katcha villages that practice funeral statuary ; we will take a boat to go to the village of Koh Peak that has superb totems, afetr the visit we shall picnic on an island.
Day 2, Mahout training program
– Arrival at the site
– Introduction to the team and the elephants
– Presentation of the Asian Elephant as a species and of the problems faced by Cambodian elephants.
– We leave by foot or on elephant’s back to wash the elephants in the stream.
– We learn the basic riding commands
– First short attempt at riding the elephants
– Long ride in the forest (about 2H30) to master the commands we learnt in the morning
– Back to the camp and the stream
– We wash the elephants
– We feed them their favorite foods and treats to reward them (mostly sugar cane and bananas).
– Back to the hotel
The program shall start indifferently by day one or day two according to the availability of the elephants.
270$ / person for groups of 2 to 3 staying in deluxe room
260$ / person for groups of 4 to 5 staying in deluxe room
250$ / person for groups of 6 to 7 staying in deluxe room
Transportation and picnic are included during the excursions
Breakfast included everyday.
Accommodation in suite room, an extra 75$ / person, one massage included